Business Analyst, Product Management
Full-time; US office
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
This role will report directly to the Sr. VP of Product Management, Girish Pathria. The Business Analyst will be a key member of the Product Management team and will focus on product enhancements, optimization and developing the product roadmap.
Specifically, the Business Analyst will be expected to:
- Understand and contribute to the development of the product roadmap through having a clear understanding of the market needs and drivers, the customer business model, and the platform.
- Translate client business needs as it relates to product optimization.
- Assist with rapid, prototype-based requirement gathering.
- Write detailed functional specifications, for use by both technical and non-technical readers, that describe business transaction functionality.
- Implement against requirements.
- Participate in daily scrum and “scrum of scrum” meetings.
- Identify and clear any technical roadblocks.
- Previous experience working in healthcare payer industry, preferred.
- Applied experience in Agile teams and applying continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrable experience building detailed functional specifications for use by both technical and non-technical readers.
- Ability to quickly assimilate a customer’s business model plan and manage application design, architecture and integration activities.
- Experience with cloud development and cloud infrastructures.
- Understanding of web-oriented design best practices and principles.
- Expert understanding of SaaS platform capabilities and partner tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/business discipline.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. A hands-on, entrepreneurial executive able to seize upon moving windows of opportunity in evolving market segments. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants leaders who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company and increasing shareholder value. Able to function effectively in a high risk/reward scenario.
- Maturity and Independence. Someone who speaks with authority and leads rather than follows. A highly ethical and intelligent professional with the executive presence and industry stature to effectively represent the company and its mission externally, and to bring enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring for Burlington, MA
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.