Content and Instructional Design Lead
Full-time; Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
The responsibilities of the Content and Instructional Design Lead include creating learning objects ranging from system integrated guided learning to client facing training materials supporting implementations. Content varies and includes conceptual information, step-by-step instruction, API descriptions, and product documentation. The role will work cross-functionally with both other HighRoads teams and clients to recommend the most effective solutions to specific requests as well as help inform our future state.
Additionally, this resource will 1) oversee and ensure that knowledge is gathered, analyzed, stored, and shared following agreed upon processes across the organization and 2) provide high quality content to both end users and IT professionals, while avoiding knowledge silos that increase the cost of creating and maintaining knowledge.
Specifically, the Content and Instructional Design Lead will be expected to:
- Craft organized content describing product features and functions.
- Manage, plan, and develop documentation for all HighRoads products, including researching, writing, reviewing, and producing documentation in required formats and media.
- Transform user guides into context specific in-application user support.
- Manage ongoing and detailed content projects, including ongoing maintenance and editing of existing artifacts and assets.
- Develop appropriate style guides and associated processes and ensure all stakeholders adhere to such procedures.
- Manage work expectations and deliverables of contractors related to key projects.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of documentation and user adoption assets.
- Partner with internal experts, produce and refine content to be delivered to clients as part of our engagements. This includes copy, graphics, video scripts, slide decks, reference guides, worksheets, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation and related assets are developed and maintained according to the product release lifecycle.
- Develop new content with a wide variety of versatile tools, including but not limited to written content, product functionality videos, simulated workflows, interactive tours, job aids, infographics, and other media.
- Write and develop content for training programs based on existing IP (e.g., case studies and exercises for programs, polls, knowledge checks, program descriptions).
- Manage processes, systems, and reporting techniques for effective knowledge creation, storage, and sharing.
- Support project management activities, process improvement, enterprise information sharing and discovery, knowledge capture, content management, communication, and training.
- Communicate with Senior Management and other department personnel regarding 1) status of projects, 2) any potential issues, and 3) future documentation needs.
- Provide evolving business processes, enabling collaborative environments and improving business workflows.
- Develop and maintain processes for knowledge and information sharing, including best practices and guidelines.
- Bachelors or higher degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience creating and leveraging knowledge management strategies to support operational programs.
- Certificate or equivalent in information and user interface design.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with technical as well as non-technical staff.
- Ability to manage people, multiple projects, and responsibilities.
- Ability to create a collaborative environment and facilitate cross-functional teams to develop, document, and improve processes.
- Knowledge of documentation tools and processes, including but not limited to MS Office, Online help tools, Confluence, Jira, Captivate or equivalent, and SharePoint.
- Collaborate with program personnel to automate workflows and improve business processes.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies.
- Superior customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to promote the organization’s mission and vision.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of trends and technologies.
- Proven analytical skills with information systems.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.