Full-time; Northern Ireland
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
HighRoads NI was established in 2019 as an Engineering Centre of Excellence and has supported the company’s rapid growth. In 2021, HighRoads NI was recognized by Digital DNA with the Company of the Year Award. This award celebrates the success, resilience, creativity, and innovation in the tech industry in NI. The winner is determined through a combination of panelist judges and the public vote!
At HighRoads, we rely on powerfully insightful data to inform our systems and solutions and we’re seeking an experienced pipeline-centric data engineer to put it to use. Our ideal hire will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, combined with a rare curiosity and creativity. You’ll wear many hats in this role, but much of your focus will be building out our ETL processes and writing superb SQL. Beyond technical prowess, you’ll need the soft skills it takes to communicate highly complex data trends to organizational leaders in a way that’s easy to understand. We’re looking for someone willing to jump right in to help the company get the most out of our data.
Objectives of this Role
- Work with data to solve business problems, building and maintaining the infrastructure to answer questions and improve processes.
- Help streamline our data science workflows, adding value to our product offering and building out our customer lifecycle and retention models.
- Work closely with the data and business teams to develop data models and pipelines for research, reporting, and machine learning.
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities.
- Be an advocate for best practices and continued learning.
Specifically, the Cloud Engineer will be expected to:
- Work closely with our data services to help build complex algorithms that provide unique insights into our data.
- Use agile software development processes to iteratively make improvements to our back-end systems.
- Model front-end and back-end data sources to help draw a more comprehensive picture of user flows throughout our system and enable powerful data analysis.
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate data from disparate sources.
- Develop models that can be used to make predictions and answer questions for the overall business.
- Participate in the evaluation of open-source and commercial tools/frameworks.
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or Engineering (or equivalent field) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization/exploration tools
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem specifically RedShift and RDS
- Understanding of SQL & NoSQL solutions
- Proven ability to collaborative with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject matter experts
- Communication skills, especially explaining technical concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented team with concurrent projects
- Master’s degree in stats, applied math, or related discipline
- Experience building or maintaining ETL processes
- Professional certifications
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- Software Engineering Guru. Great technical acumen with strong academic credentials.
- Technical Enthusiast. Someone who endeavors to learn new skills and challenges his/her limitations.
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.