Data Services Analyst
Full-time; Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
In this role, you will focus on turning data into information and information into insight. You will also be integral to informing our clients with meaningful metrics and visualizations as well as inform enhancements to various data management systems and tools to drive continual improvement of the data integrity. You will report to the Senior Director of Data Services.
Responsibilities include the execution and rollout of key performance metrics, standardized reporting, dashboards, and ad hoc reports. Scaling the recruitment reporting strategy across the globe, considering the nuances of the different regions and teams. Translating requirements from various partners, interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques, and providing feedback to measure the impact and effectiveness of the messaging.
Partner with management to prioritize business and information needs; locate and define new process improvement opportunities. Manage and deliver projects and change initiatives, including educating the teams on metrics, reports, system usage, and support. Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercise judgment in influencing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Respond to inquiries quickly and support accurate communications about solutions.
Specifically, a Data Services Analyst will be expected to:
- Demonstrate ability to actively establish rapport, credibility, and influence to get results throughout an organization at all levels.
- Provide technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Have experience using Web Services, REST API, and the ability to read/write/transform JSON.
- Work with data transformation ETL tools, design, implement, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities.
- Know statistics and have experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Have strong analytical skills to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Be responsible for gathering business requirements and performing end-to-end data analysis. Analyze data files, data layouts, and data sources and targets to understand data structures.
- Translate business requirements into data requirements for review and sign-off with the customer, product, and technical teams.
- Design case studies, business flow, and process flow documentation.
- Work with internal architects and, assisting in the development of current and future state enterprise data architectures.
- Author and maintain data mapping and transformation rules documentation.
- Maintain the data integrity during extraction, manipulation, processing, analysis, and storage.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and communicate findings to respective teams.
- Provide structured walkthroughs to the developers to understand use cases.
- Be a focal point for data quality and integrity issues and concerns.
- Prepare detailed documents and reports for review with business and technical teams.
- Manage complex internal and external data analysis responsibilities with outsource team.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- 3 + years of data analysis and reporting experience
- Experience working with ETL & Reporting packages to extract, transform, load, and prepare data for end-users
- Experience in managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
- Experience in working within a structured project management framework
- Knowledge of healthcare a plus
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the importance of detail and organization
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Excellent prioritization skills to balance key priorities
- A strong customer-centric approach
- Strives to do the right thing, not just the easy thing
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritizes effectively, maintains a clear focus, and sees action through to delivery
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal-focused, and consistent – even under pressure
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.