Internship: Services Operations (Full-Time)
Internship; US office/remote
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
The Services Operations Intern will work under the direction of services leadership on key projects related to organization process documentation and improvement, business reporting and analytics, knowledge management, and other vital initiatives. In this role, you may be asked to develop and document reusable processes to help all employees become more efficient and effective. To be successful in this role, you will need to be ambitious and a self-starter. You will use new tools and technologies that will require self-study and rapid adoption.
This role may also include some cursory analysis of data and report development. Comfort with simple spreadsheets and basic reporting skills will be valuable to support the team. This role will be remotely based but may include opportunities to meet with team members in the Burlington, MA office or other locations.
Specifically, the Services Operations Intern will:
- Make meaningful contributions toward the identification, documentation, and standardization of critical services processes.
- Participate in regular operational meetings and capture meeting notes, decisions, and follow-up items relevant to key assigned projects and processes.
- Under leadership direction, develop simple reporting with tools such as Microsoft Excel and other online reporting tools to better understand operational processes, efficiency, and action areas.
- Organize, develop, and catalog documentation and templates for services operations, and create online pages within Confluence to distribute assets to team members.
- Creatively look for improvements and prepare Microsoft PowerPoint and Word presentations for leadership to evaluate.
- Completion or active pursuit of a BA, BS, or graduate degree is required.
- Experience managing small self-driven projects with named deliverables and timelines.
- Passionate about producing high-quality work deliverables.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, with a particular focus on Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience working with online content management tools, such as Confluence and Jira.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and willing to put personal effort into being prepared.
- General interest or knowledge of the US healthcare system is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals and experience with related tools like Mavenlink is a plus.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution: A self-starter with a bias for action.
- Company Focused: An individual who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Energetic and Optimistic: HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture and in turn is seeking individual team members who embrace this culture.
- Maturity and Independence: An individual with a bias to lead rather than follow and is thoroughly honest and forthright.
This is a remote position with possible requirement to meet with the team in our Burlington, MA office periodically.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week
- Summer 2021, with the possibility of an extension as available or needed
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.