Lead QA Engineer
Permanent Full-time; Northern Ireland
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
In 2021, HighRoads NI was recognized by Digital DNA with the Company of the Year Award. This award celebrates the success, resilience, creativity, and innovation in the tech industry in NI. The winner is determined through a combination of panelist judges and the public vote!
HighRoads NI Limited is currently seeking a Lead QA Engineer to join our team in Belfast. This is a hybrid role, and the successful candidate must be available to attend work at the Belfast office as and when required.
The Lead QA Engineer will be a key member of the product development organisation and a key contributor to HighRoads SaaS-based web solutions. They will lead the development, implementation, and delivery of testing solutions. The Lead QA Engineer will ensure consistent, effective, and efficient testing across the solutions as both a leader and a contributor to the test process. The ideal candidate will be well versed with testing of both front-end and back-end web solution technologies.
Objectives of this Role
- Work in tandem with the QA Manager and QA Team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based testing solutions for HighRoads
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for team’s software products, tools, user experience, and quality expectations
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding test development and maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to the QA team to build testing competencies
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
Specifically, the Lead QA Engineer will be expected to:
- Lead the process of software testing for HighRoads, ensuring that our software meets the highest standards and user satisfaction
- Support a team of globally distributed QA Engineers
- Support QA Engineers to improve and accelerate testing by training them, providing product expertise, and solving technical issues
- Contribute to the definition and delivery of the Test Strategy
- Oversee the test design process for all products developed by HighRoads
- Maintain and develop the Test suite
- Implement strategies to improve the integration and efficiency of software testing
- Hands on testing for cloud-based software
- Develop a thorough understanding of our P2A SaaS-based web solutions
- Establish, track, and report on quality metrics to provide a clear understanding of software quality
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent field)
- 5+ years’ experience in software testing
- 3+ years’ experience as a Lead QA Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of testing of both front-end and back-end systems
- Exceptional analytical, debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving capabilities with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and leadership skills/team leadership experience
- Capable of mentoring team members and communicating testing best practices, test strategy, and tool usage
- Proven experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Cloud Technologies e.g., AWS
- Experience with Web Application Frameworks e.g., React
- Experience with programming languages e.g., Python
- Experience with Version Control Tools e.g., Git
- Experience with Agile Development Tools e.g., Jira
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- Software Engineering Guru. Great technical acumen with strong academic credentials.
- Technical Enthusiast. Someone who endeavors to learn new skills and challenges his/her limitations.
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Why Join Our Team?
There are lots of reasons! With a fantastic culture, you will join a team of dedicated experts, who are also super friendly. You’ll receive a number of great benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Private healthcare and dental plan
- EAP Programme that offers support with matters relating to life, family, health, work, and money
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Generous bank holidays
- Training and development support
- Option to travel to our headquarters in the US from time to time
- Free carparking when onsite
- Fun team activities
Hiring in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? We’ve made it super easy! Just email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this position is Wednesday 31 January 2024.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
HighRoads NI Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to ensure that all eligible persons have equal opportunity for employment and advancement based on their ability, qualifications, and aptitude. We select those suitable for appointment solely based on merit without regard to an individual’s age, disability, gender, race, religion/belief, or sexual orientation. Monitoring is carried out to ensure that our equal opportunity policy is effectively implemented.
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.