Product Owner, Plan Management and Workflow
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
HighRoads is hiring for a Product Owner (PO) to drive the Product and Plan Management (PPM) and Workflow (WF) capabilities of the P2A Platform. The PO is responsible for driving end-to-end discovery, roadmap, functional and non-functional requirements elaboration, functional design, delivery, and adoption of the related product capabilities for the target market. The PO will report to Director of Product Management and collaborate with a cross-functional team to define, design, and deliver the capabilities.
Specifically, the Product Owner is a lead role and will be expected to:
- Discovery: Drive market discovery for client-agnostic features
- Prioritization: Own a product feature or capability and its backlog prioritization.
- Roadmap & Planning:
- Understand and contribute to the development of the product roadmap through having a clear understanding of the market needs and drivers, the customer business model, and the platform
- Drive sprint planning with engineering leaders
- Own sprint planning and burndown to ensure that work is being delivered on time
- Develop and maintain module Roadmaps to influence quarterly planning
- Write detailed functional and non-functional specifications, for use by both technical and non-technical readers
- Translate client business needs as it relates to product optimization.
- Perform rapid, prototype-based requirement gathering.
- Work with Engineering leads to ensure that features are ready for technical design
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure that delivered capabilities pass acceptance criteria
- Demo: Perform functional demonstrations internally and externally
- Design: Review engineering designs against requirements
- Delivery: Drive product capability delivery planning and execution, and help clear any related roadblocks
- Participate in daily scrum and “scrum of scrum” meetings, product demos, backlog grooming sessions.
- Drive backlog reviews and sprint planning for new feature work
- Work with Business Analysts and Program Directors to ensure that feature requests are clearly documented and understood
- Work with Business Analysts and Program Directors to obtain signoff on user stories, acceptance criteria, proposed solutions (including wireframe mockups), and delivery deadlines
- Review scope, functional design, and requirements with broader Product team to identify dependencies and align cross-module roadmaps
- Ensure smooth cross-functional communication as it relates to RAID, roadmap, and change management
- Provide inputs to user guides for owned capabilities
- Previous experience working in healthcare payer industry, preferred.
- Applied experience in Agile teams and applying continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrable experience building detailed functional & non-functional specifications for use by both technical and non-technical readers.
- Understanding of web-oriented design best practices and principles.
- Expert understanding of SaaS platform capabilities and partner tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/business discipline.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Adaptable to changes. A hands-on team player. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants leaders at every level who continue to build on this culture.
- “Ownership” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. Someone who speaks with confidence and leads rather than follows. A highly ethical and intelligent professional. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring for Remote
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.