Product Owner, Product Management
Full-time; US office
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
This role will report directly to the Sr. VP of Product Management. The Product Owner will be a key member of the Product Management team and will focus on product enhancements, optimization, and developing the product roadmap.
Specifically, the Product Owner is a lead role and will be expected to:
- Own a feature or product capability and backlog prioritization.
- Drive sprint planning with engineering leaders.
- Understand and contribute to the development of the product roadmap through having a clear understanding of the market needs and drivers, the customer business model, and the platform.
- Translate client business needs as it relates to product optimization.
- Assist with rapid, prototype-based requirement gathering.
- Write detailed functional specifications, for use by both technical and non-technical readers, that describe business transaction functionality.
- Review engineering designs.
- Implement against requirements.
- Participate in daily scrum and “scrum of scrum” meetings, product demos, and backlog grooming sessions.
- Develop go-to-market tool kit.
- Support UAT.
- Identify and clear any technical roadblocks.
- Previous experience working in healthcare payer industry, preferred.
- Applied experience in Agile teams and applying continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrable experience building detailed functional specifications for use by both technical and non-technical readers.
- Ability to quickly assimilate a customer’s business model plan and manage application design, architecture, and integration activities.
- Experience with cloud development and cloud infrastructures.
- Understanding of web-oriented design best practices and principles.
- Expert understanding of SaaS platform capabilities and partner tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/business discipline.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Adaptable to changes. A hands-on team player. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants leaders at every level who continue to build on this culture.
- “Ownership” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. Someone who speaks with confidence and leads rather than follows. A highly ethical and intelligent professional. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring for Burlington, MA / U.S. Remote
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.