Full-time; US office
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
The Program Director (PD) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering Agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PD may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The PD may play several different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level: leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
- At a team level: playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach: using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
In performing these roles, the PD will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability. Other duties as required and assigned.
- Project Planning and Management– Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management– Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentor and develop team members.
- Product Owner Support– Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement– Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building– promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices with the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and other Personnel.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is preferred.
- 5+ years of project management experience required and experience managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Knowledge of healthcare is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining a view of the “big picture”.
Additional Work Based Competencies
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organization.
- Skilled at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness.
- Very good prioritization skills to balance key priorities.
- A strong customer centric approach.
Additional Behavioral Competencies
- Strives to do the “right thing”, not just the “easy thing”.
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills.
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritizes effectively, maintains a clear focus, and sees action through to delivery.
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focused, and consistent – even under pressure.
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Burlington, MA or Remote
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.