Business Solution Architect – Product & Solutions
Full-time; Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
This role will report directly to a Product Management Leader. The Business Solution Architect will be a key leader within the HighRoads Product and Solutions team to lead capture of requirements from prospects and customers and frame solution intent and solution design to drive estimation and planning. The Business Solution Architect will gain deep understanding of product capabilities and product roadmap to elaborate on and present the solution intent and design that meets the requirements.
This Business Solution Architect role requires extensive attention to detail, translating customer requirements and establishing acceptance criteria that shape the project implementation to meet the Customer’s business needs in alignment with HighRoads’ product offerings and systems.
Specifically, the Business Solution Architect will be expected to have the following skills:
- Capture and elaborate on customer’s requirements and use cases.
- Elaborate on both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Determine solution intent and solution design to solve the customer problem using a pre-defined process in collaboration with a cross-functional team.
- Document and present solution intent strategy and delivery approach to internal and external audiences for feedback and signoff.
- Coordinate with Technical architects on solution and technical design.
- Coordinate with User Experience and Customer Success teams to determine value realization, adoption, and training plan.
- Analyze customer processes to determine how the software solution fits into a customer’s existing process.
- Understand and contribute to the product roadmap on any feature gaps that need to be addressed as part of the solution recommendation.
- Handoff defined epics and user stories to solution delivery, application and platform teams to drive delivery execution.
- Provide ongoing support to project teams and clients to ensure the original solution intent is being maintained and met throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Participate in daily scrum and “scrum of scrum” meetings, product demos, backlog grooming sessions as it pertains to solution delivery lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience gathering, defining, and elaborating requirements.
- Demonstrable experience translating customer needs into specifications that can be acted upon by delivery teams
- Demonstrable experience applying product knowledge to frame solutions for customers and documenting them for use by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project needs.
- Previous experience in both analysis and synthesis of requirements.
- Previous experience performing discovery and analysis with customer teams.
- Experience with client management or consulting, especially related to software or software development.
- Previous experience working in healthcare payer industry, preferred.
- Applied experience in Agile teams and applying continuous improvement practices.
- understanding of SaaS platform capabilities and partner tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/business discipline.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Burlington, MA or Remote
Questions? Please email email@example.com
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.