Full-time; Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Customer Success, the Solution Architect (SA) plays an important role in the software implementation cycle, gathering requirements, and supporting the activities of the implementation team. This role requires excellent attention to detail, as the Solution Architect frequently needs to examine functional specifications and translate them into system guidelines that shape the project implementation as well as find ways to align customer business needs with HighRoads product offerings and systems.
The SA will offer guidance to implementation teams and be responsible for conducting research on existing systems and devising solutions that work within those systems to address customer business needs. They will meet directly with customers to demonstrate solutions, answer questions regarding software capabilities
and requirements, and work to resolve issues that arise during the implementation cycle.
The Solution Architect is also responsible for supporting the planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering implementation projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The SA may play several different roles in actual practice and is a key team member of the implementation team:
- At an enterprise level: supporting and (if necessary) leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams.
- At a team level: playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools as well as coaching members of the team as needed to optimize efficiency.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach: using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
Specifically, the Solution Architect will be expected to have the following skills:
- Technical Literacy: high level of technical literacy, which helps determine how a software solution fits into a customer’s current structure and assists in the development of specifications and requirements.
- Analytical Assessment: high level of analysis to examine a client’s current systems and determine overall project needs and scope.
- Schedule Management: extensive time management skills to determine development schedules and milestones to ensure that deliverables are completed on time.
- Team Leadership: experience with team leadership and motivation to oversee and direct development teams throughout the project development lifecycle.
- Communication: excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with team members, clients, and external vendors.
- Problem-Solving: excellent problem-solving skills to quickly change direction based on updated client specifications or system limitations.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of project management experience required as well as experience managing small projects, or exposure to the end-to-end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Confluence, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining a view of the “big picture”.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organization.
- Skilled at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness.
- Very good prioritization skills to balance key priorities.
- A strong customer centric approach.
- Knowledge of healthcare is a plus.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- Strives to do the “right thing”, not just the “easy thing”.
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills.
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritizes effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery.
- Is energetic, determined, positive, goal focused and consistent – even under pressure.
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Burlington, MA or U.S. Remote
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.