Full-time; US office (remote)
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
In this role, the Staff Accountant will be immersed into an environment that is growing and expanding on a monthly basis. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. We are looking for a professional that has strong foresight and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once and a previous experience in the software industry. This opportunity has exposure to all levels within the organization.
Specifically, the Staff Accountant will be expected to:
- Assist with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Code invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts, and close the monthly books.
- Verify payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensure payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Facilitate payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Preparation of various balance sheet and P&L analysis, and reconciliations. This includes actual vs. budget analysis & flux analysis.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly, verify deposits, and address inquiries from banks.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of fully cycle monthly close & revenue accounting experience, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Netsuite and Quickbooks
- Highly organized and adaptable to evolving priorities, assignments, and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A professional who is self-motivated and deadline oriented
- Preferred experience with GAAP and IFRS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. A hands-on, entrepreneurial executive able to seize upon moving windows of opportunity in evolving market segments. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants leaders who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company and increasing shareholder value. Able to function effectively in a high risk/reward scenario.
- Maturity and Independence. Someone who speaks with authority and leads rather than follows. A highly ethical and intelligent professional with the executive presence and industry stature to effectively represent the company and its mission externally, and to bring enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Report to the corporate US office in Burlington, MA. Position can be remote.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.