Business Systems Analyst
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) at HighRoads will support the organization’s business management processes, policies and procedures. The BSA will work directly with customers and fellow team members to deliver innovative and high-quality solutions. As a BSA, your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
This role will also the support the creation, management and automation of P2A Document Generation templates to support the delivery of workflow and automation capabilities for HighRoads customers. In this capacity you will be responsible for understanding document configuration requirements, conducting data exploration, authoring technical specifications and business rules.
Specifically, the BSA will be expected to:
- Contribute to the development and governance of business and configuration management policies and best practices, supporting the development of process improvements to continuously advance Business efficiency and quality.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client-specific benefits administration data structures and content to inform solution architecture decisions; and of detailed and complex technical specifications to support user workflow and P2A DocGen needs.
- Research and analyze all aspects of existing business practices and procedures.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and the client to produce useful outputs.
- Develop methodology documents based on self-initiated interviews, diagrams, surveys, and workflow analyses.
- Ownership of all tasks associated with configuration and maintenance of business rules within P2A; managing change requests and versioning schemes to support controlled deployment; branching and merging.
- Plan and facilitate requirement review, sprint planning and release status meetings with various levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop stories and ensure traceability within JIRA for feature requests, service requests and other work items (internal and client facing).
- Develop comprehensive user acceptance testing plans, followed by the execution of the plan by facilitating testing and defect resolution processes.
- Contribute expertise to product documentation, training materials and marketing collateral.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in breaking down procedures at a granular level and organizing data in logical manner.
- Experience managing small projects including exposure to the end to end project lifecycle or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of healthcare and health plan terminology and datasets (e.g. healthcare benefits, benefit administration and health care delivery), desired.
- Experience working with healthcare data, preferably for a health plan, consulting firm or a software vendor that offers data solutions to health plans is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel (approximately 25% per quarter).
- Strong team player with the ability to consistently demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, mutual respect, and accountability to others.
- Passionate about producing high-quality work and forming strong, trusting relationships, both internally and externally at all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical and judgment skills, with the ability to make sound decisions quickly.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure with competing priorities.
- A clear commitment to comprehensive and current business documentation.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
- Hiring in Burlington, MA
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com