Full-time; US office (remote)
HighRoads is the industry leader in sales-enabling health plan product management. Our cloud-based technology empowers our health plan clients to quickly configure and sell innovative compliant products that meet customer needs and differentiate them from the competition.
This role reports directly to a Vice President of Account Development with a dotted line to the Senior Vice President, Sales, Tim Herlehy. The Account Executive will be responsible for the overall health of assigned client accounts. A client that is retained and satisfied, also a responsibility of the Account Executive, will result in HighRoads sales personnel being able to continue expanding the HighRoads’ footprint within existing client accounts by selling additional solutions and services. The primary success factors for this role are forming deep integration into our clients’ strategic thinking and planning; a basis of authority coming from deep experience in health plan IT, operations, and strategy.
Specifically, the Account Executive will serve as the strategic corporate client relationship manager with the overall responsibility and accountability for client value and satisfaction acting as HighRoads “ambassador” and liaison. The AE will be expected to:
- Expand relationships within assigned accounts
- Ensure HighRoads’ clients have a high level of overall satisfaction and positive experience resulting in client retention and revenue growth
- Scout and identify upsell opportunities and communicate the upsell opportunities to the assigned HighRoads VP of Account Development
- Scout and identify pitfalls / traps / potential issues
- Create and maintain a strategic and operational Account Plan for each account assigned
- In conjunction with the SVP Sales and VP of Account Development, develop, implement, and build upon innovative account strategies and solution-oriented methodologies to advise customers on additional innovative opportunities for their business and strengthen HighRoads position as a “trusted partner”
- Act as the contract leader by creating contractual agreements and amendments to contractual agreements to support client requirements, working with Program Director/Solution Architect to ensure scope of work is accurately reflected in documents, ensuring accurate and approved estimates/pricing is contained in the documents, and tracking all contractual documents
- Communicate regularly with the PM to align teams on inflight deliverables, impact to work in flight, and conveyor belt handoffs from project to production support once warranty period is complete (coordinate activities with both roles)
- Assist the support team by prioritizing client issues, escalating to the internal support teams, and acting as the account team escalation point for all matters
- Maintain a monthly dashboard (SLA tickets, implementation health, service health) and disseminate to the internal team
- Schedule and lead regular steering committee meetings
- A minimum of 5 years of a superior track record of accomplishment in sales and/or account development execution with leading healthcare technology organizations, selling software and services to the senior management of payers.
- A minimum of 10 years of a superior track record of accomplishment in operational, IT, or strategy execution with leading healthcare technology organizations, delivering software and services to the senior management of payers.
- Keen understanding of the art and science of selling as it relates to process, accountability and forecasting; building and nurturing relationships; positively influencing decisions; and delivering and receiving feedback with both internal and external constituents.
- A combination of large corporate and small rapid-growth company experience is highly preferred. Knowledge of sophisticated management and operational systems found in the larger, established health information and strategic consulting leaders, combined with the demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a smaller company. Experience in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment during a period of rapid growth and expansion. Experience taking a technology solution to market and achieving its adoption and acceptance within the payer marketplace.
- Ability to deal with the inevitable objections to the adoption of innovative solutions within client organizations. A proven and passionate driver of transformation.
- A self-starter who can conceive of and drive the adoption of new initiatives up, down and across large organizations. Ability and authority to gain the confidence of senior executives at the C-suite within the payer community. Aggressiveness tempered with emphasis on building trust and enduring relationships.
- Experience with missionary sales of cutting edge, technology driven products and services. Significant success in multi-level, cross-functional, enterprise-wide selling. Comfortable with technology – engineering or other technical background is a plus.
- An optimistic and enthusiastic nature combined with a grounded, realistic and mature perspective and a reputation for integrity.
Ideal Personal Characteristics
- A Focus on Execution. A self-starter with a bias for action. A non-political team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the team and can be relied upon to get things done.
- Company Focused. Someone who identifies closely with and is committed to the achievement of the Company’s mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
- Nimble in the Face of Ambiguity and Adversity. Grounded/pragmatic; someone who naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. Decisive optimist / “can-do” attitude; values people and focuses on “doing the right thing”.
- Energetic and Optimistic. HighRoads is a dynamic, innovative company with a “can-do” culture. It wants team members who continue to build on this culture.
- “Equity” Mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company.
- Maturity and Independence. A highly ethical and intelligent professional who effectively represents the company and its mission internally and externally and who brings enhanced credibility to the firm and its products. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and top management executives.
Hiring in Burlington, MA or Remote (U.S.)
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.