Associate Software Engineer (Student Placement)
At HighRoads we rely on our dynamic team of engineers to solve the many complex problems and challenges that come with our rapidly evolving technical stack. Our Engineers are key members of the product development organization who are ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries.
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Start Date: Summer 2024
Term: 1 Year
Who We Are Looking For
Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated with talent and passion to work on several different types of technologies that make up our unique P2A platform. We deliver multiple services built using React (frontend) and Java (Spring Boot), C#.NET, Python, and NodeJS (backend), deployed on the AWS platform.
During your placement with HighRoads, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the forefront of new cutting-edge technology to build a SaaS platform, solving the challenges that impact both the front-end and back-end architecture, and ultimately, deliver amazing global user experiences.
Why Join Our Team for Your Industrial Placement?
There are lots of reasons! Not only will you join a team of dedicated experts (who are also super friendly), but you will receive great benefits such as competitive salary, private healthcare, pension, generous bank holidays, team activities, and more. After onboarding you’ll have flexibility to choose whether you want to work from our office in Belfast or from home. There will be opportunity to work with the global team with support for training and development locally and globally. We’ll even fly you off to our headquarters in Burlington, MA, USA during the year!
- After a period of induction and training the successful candidate will spend a portion of time in each engineering team, implementing new features and bug fixes
- You will have involvement in all stages of the Agile software development process
- We’ll guide and support you to successfully deliver an individual project that will be agreed upon based on your skills and company need
Skills and Qualifications
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or a related field and seeking employment for a placement year
- Strong understanding of one or more of C#, Java, React
- Exposure to Python, NodeJS and/or AWS is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply
Send us your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com. The closing date for this position is Friday 27th October 2023. Applications received after this date cannot be accepted.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
It is our policy to ensure that all eligible persons have equal opportunity for employment and advancement based on their ability, qualifications, and aptitude. We select those suitable for appointment solely based on merit without regard to an individual’s disability, race, religion, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Monitoring is carried out to ensure that our equal opportunity policy is effectively implemented.
Hiring in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Power Your Business with HighRoads
We’ve eased the path to market with advanced product solutions that drive revenue, efficiency, and market distinction.